Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fishing on the Wharf

Today, after the 5:30 am mens Bible study meeting, Johnny, Polo, Moses and I had the chance to go fishing.  Johnny and I went into down town Puerto Cabezas to buy the supplies; which meant that I was able to experience the Moskito Market, which is awesome.  Once we got everything ready and found the fishing poles and reels (in the process I found the leftover seed that I brought down last year) we headed out in a taxi to the port.  Now, as far as I know, foreigners are not aloud on the port; this is clearly specified by numerous signs, but apparently, when you are with the Verbo church it's all good. I only got stopped once; they asked for my i.d., which I didn't have on me, but it was no problem when we told them we were with Verbo.  There were armed guards and muchos hombres borachos on the dwarf, but I have figured out that as long as you are nice and accepting, people here are generally friendly.  We did not catch anything, but we did get to go onto a large fishing boat, because Polo, one of the workers at Verbo, knows a kid who's dad is a captain.  I was afraid to take pictures on the dock, because I didn't want to look like some kind of American activist or spy, so I only have a few pictures that I was able to take from the fishing boat.

In other new, I am going to be going to Betania on Monday to check out there farm (at least that is the current plan).  I am extremely excited, because I will be able to further my research, and get a good grip of what I am going to be able to do to help them out in my short time here.

Thanks for the continued support,

Austin

























1 comment:

  1. I am loving hearing all about your experiences and seeing all your pictures. I know God is using you as you love and serve the people down there. God bless you, Austin!

    ReplyDelete